Thursday, September 4, 2008

MEPS - Day One

1400: We left for the MEPS in Salt Lake City with Sergeant Mac and we picked up a fellow recruit on the way down. The hotel really isn't bad and the food was really good. I took the advice of my little brother and ordered the cheeseburger meal and it was way good. Then I just went into the pool and soaked in the hot tub for a bit. I got to talk to a guy who was joining the army reserves, and another guy who is going into the DEP for the marines.
22:15: We had our final briefing for the day where they basically spent 10 minutes telling us not to be stupid. No drinking, drugs, etc. He said we could hang out with the homeless people in downtown SLC but to be careful... I think i'm going to go to bed.
23:30: Time to sleep, so much on my mind about what's going to go on tomorrow. I don't really know much as it's hard to predict what's going to go on tomorrow, as it's basically just speculation from what my friends have told me, and what my little brother has told me. Gotta love all of the myths and the funny stories. I hope sleep comes fast... Good night

No comments: